Texas: 2-Year-Old Dies After Being Taken From Pot-Smoking Parents, Placed In Abusive Foster Home


By Steve Elliott
Hemp News

The war on marijuana has claimed another victim. A two-year-old little girl who was taken away from her parents because they smoked pot in their Round Rock, Texas home died Monday night, seven months after being placed in abusive foster homes.

Alexandria Hill was taken away from Joshua Hill and his wife for "neglectful supervision" simply because they admitted using marijuana while the child slept, reports Michael Allen at Opposing Views. She was placed in an abusive foster home contracted by Child Protective Services.

"She would come to visitation with bruises on her, and mold and mildew in her bag," Hill told KVUE-TV. "It got to a point where I actually told CPS that they would have to to have me arrested because I wouldn't let her go back."

Alexandria was placed in a second foster home, with Sherill Small in Rockdale, Texas, seven months ago. The toddler was rushed to a hospital Monday night with severe head injuries. On Wednesday night, she was taken off life support and died.

"They wouldn't tell me what condition she was in or what was wrong or what had happened," Hill said. "The only thing they would tell me is I needed to be there. When I got there, I found out that Alex was in a coma."

Police said the foster mother, Small, could not explain Alex's severe injuries. Another foster child was removed from Small's home on Monday.

The private agency, Texas Mentor, which placed Alexandria in two abusive homes had 15 "deficiencies" for its August branch during the past two years, according to Texas state records. Four of those deficiencies were for failing to perform proper background checks on all foster homes.

Joshua remembered his last visit with Alex, last Thursday. "We got to sit down at McDonalds and have lunch and play for awhile," he said. "She got a Despicable Me 2 toy in her Happy Meal and she loved it. She kept climbing up in my lap and she fed me french fries."

Hill admitted he and his wife smoked pot while Alex slept, but said "We never hurt our daughter. She was never sick, she was never in the hospital and she never had any issues until she went into state care."